Modern day living is often associated with all things artificial, be it ready-to-eat frozen foods, plastic surgery to enhance physical features or layers of makeup that can bring down a person’s age drastically. Even though a large number of people still rely on artificial products to enhance their appearance and keep popping pills to deal with ailments in their daily lives, with the mushrooming of health spas and ayurvedic centers in India and abroad, a prominent shift can be seen in the mindsets of people who are slowly realizing the benefits and importance of ayurvedic natural solutions for almost all health and beauty related issues.
Ayurvedic Indian Beauty is Achievable
Contrary to modern day dependence on artificial beauty, Ayurveda propagates looking at oneself on a holistic level. Only when we are at peace & in sync with all forces of nature can we be truly happy and healthy. This is the reason why a person with Ayurvedic beauty is one who is beautiful both from the outside and within.
The age old concepts and principles of Ayurveda stress on the need for natural products, therapies, treatments and cures which concentrate on the root cause of the problem and lead to real healing thus promoting longevity of life and safer solutions, free from side effects. While it is not possible to completely protect yourself from external factors such as environmental chemicals, pollution and dust etc, what is achievable is to adopt an ayurvedic lifestyle which will keep your body healthy, your mind relaxed and your outer appearance every bit pleasing for a long time to come.
The Natural Way to Look Beautiful
If you want to truly look beautiful, you must pay attention to all aspects of your health. Ayurveda defines a beautiful person as one whose body is in perfect harmony with all forces of nature. Only then can one attain true inner and outer beauty.
Here are some simple Ayurvedic Indian Beauty tips that will assist you in your pursuit for true, real and long lasting beauty:
Ayurvedic Lifestyle related Indian Beauty tips
The way you live your life and your lifestyle habits create a big impact on your overall wellbeing, health and holistic beauty.
- Keep yourself active and go for regular walks.
- Restrain from drinking & smoking.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Practice meditation and yoga to broaden your mind and liberate your body.
- Go to sleep latest by 10 pm and wake up by 6 am everyday.
Ayurveda Diet related Indian Beauty tips
What you eat, how you eat and when you eat, all play an important role in how you look and feel. Ayurveda suggests a balanced diet that keeps the body healthy, promotes good digestion, and reflects this good health in the form of outer beauty (glowing skin). The first step is to find out your Ayurveda dosha (Vata, Pitta or Kapha) and include such food items in your diet which will help in bringing about a balance in your doshas.
- Eat each meal at the same time everyday
- Avoid food that is stale, frozen, or contains preservatives or items that can accelerate the “fire” within you.
- Depending on your dosha type, drink herbal tea every once in a while.
- Include natural herbs in your diet such as ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, parsley etc.
Ayurvedic Indian Beauty tips for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Drink 10 – 15 glasses of water everyday to keep your body and skin hydrated.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and face scrubs that contain harmful chemicals.
- Reduce your usage of chemical based cosmetic products and in case you have to use them, never leave makeup on more than required.
- Make a paste of orange peel in some water and apply on pimples.
- Use natural herbs such as amla, shikakai and henna as well as pure coconut oil to massage your scalp and nourish your hair.
- Instead of chemical based face washes, try a glass of boiled milk mixed with fresh lime juice to wash your face.
- Use natural face packs such as one that is prepared by mixing turmeric and sandalwood powder in milk.
- Rinse hair with left over water after draining the boiled neem leaves to tackle problem of hair loss.
Ayurvedic Indian Beauty tips for Detoxification and Wellbeing
Ayurveda places a lot of importance on cleansing the body of all toxins before they start accumulating within the body and blocking channels. Hence, to maintain natural good health and the resultant beauty, Ayurveda recommends going in for regular Ayurvedic Massages and detoxifying therapies such as Shirodhara, Abhyanga, Panchakarma to cleanse and rejuvenate the body and remove ama buildup.
By making use of ayurvedic medicines, herbs, therapies and treatments regularly, you will feel the difference it brings to your overall physical features and your internal health as well.
About the Author
Dr. Sonica Krishan is an Author, Freelance Health Writer, Editor, Ayurveda Consultant at Herboveda and Holistic Healing Coach based at Chandigarh, India. She has a Bachelors in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery and also an Advance Diploma in Naturopathy and Yoga. She has authored three natural home cure books: Herbal Healers, Home Remedies, and Healing through Ayurveda. You may contact her at email@example.com or visit her website http://www.herboveda.co.in.
Note – Information presented in this article is solely for the purpose of imparting education on Ayurveda and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or mitigate any disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult a qualified health professional.